Saturday, August 30, 2008

You live and You learn!

So last night I finished the Owl Headband that I have been working on for the past couple of days for the swap I'm in right now.  Well, things started out rocky because I was trying to hand wind the yarn from the hank and it got outrageously twisted up.  I spent about 3 hours trying to detangle this yarn.  Then I cast on.  From there on out in terms of knitting it was pretty good.  Learning new things, and the pattern was coming out beautifully.  (Much better than the owl I tried to cable into a dishcloth)  So then I cast off.  Well I'm a relatively new knitter and just cast off normally not really thinking that there would be a difference for casting off ribbing.  Well now the the cast off has no stretch and I'm almost positive this headband is not going to fit her.  Oh well, I already plan on writing her a letter explaining my new knitterness and hope she's accepts my apology. LOL

Well, there will be pictures to come.  Once I find someone willing to model it (in some fashion even if it's not on their heads).  I think after I finish breakfast here I'm going to start on my next project.  It is another dishcloth, it's an illusion dishcloth that features Hedwig, the owl from the Harry Potter movies.  I don't read the books or watch the movies so this design has no significance to me, but I figured almost everyone else in the world is in love with Harry Potter so I figure I can't go wrong.  

No comments: